Thursday, May 03, 2007

Touchstone

Touchstone
[ 0 Comments #140733 ] Friday July 28, @04:59PM

I recall a woman who I met in a foreigner's bar -The Big Apple, now it's gone, more than ten years ago. She was a nice person. One very late night I tried to touch her tabacco case, saying you smoke, aren't you or something. She was furious about me saying 'Don't touch it' with very loud voice. I was very amazed, and said I was just asking if she smokes. She said she extremely dislikes her any belongings to be touched by anyone. I thought she cannot be my friend any more. She might have thought that the act of touching changes the ownership, which is absolutely not.
Do As Romans
[ 0 Comments #140732 ] Friday July 28, @04:44PM

'Please do not get back the books you read.' -at the University library I used every day.
Here in our country we are supposed to get back the books we read. I saw this notice every time I use a library, but I was unable to read it well. I kept on getting back the books into the bookshelves for nearly 6 months.
Consideration
[ 2 Comments #140728 ] Friday July 28, @03:34PM

We are selling two different eels. One is 30 cm long, 7 cm width and the price is $7. The other one is 25 cm long, 5 cm width and the price is $10.
The only difference is one is made in China and the other is domestic made. I think the taste is completely the same but Japanese people prefer buying domestic ones, not imported ones.
Strangely enough the case of domestic eels is bigger and tough, that of imported eels is smaller and fragile, so there are a lot of room around the domestic eel in a case while almost no room can be found inside the case of imported eels. I thought it strange and I proposed my manager to change the cases being used by each eel.
'Imported eels are bigger so we ought to use bigger and tougher cases for them. Domestic ones are smaller and we ought to use smaller cases.' My manager's explanation was this. 'It's according to their prices, not their size.'
Of course I don't believe such an excuse. I think domestic eels are smaller but more expensive so we need to show that they are more splendid by using a luxury case, I think that's all.
Considerateness?
[ 0 Comments #140722 ] Friday July 28, @03:05PM

An unregular customer came to my kitchen and told me, 'All you have to do is to cut two slices of fillet and take away the skin of them.'
Next time please don't say 'all you have to', please say just 'please'.
This Is A Pen
[ 0 Comments #140721 ] Friday July 28, @02:47PM

Whatever the kinds of job we do, it is often necessary for us to carry a pen. For my part too I must carry a pen. But I don't like to carry a pen. Because I always lose my pens after I finish working in the day. I carried a pen today because especially I was told to do so. I had thought that I lose my pen and in fact I noticed I lost my pen when I finished working.
Probably I think I don't have to carry two pens. Next time I need to connect the one in some part of my trousers. A bit embarassed though I do.